Wednesday, August 28, 2013

50 years since MLK's speech

http://abcnews.go.com/US/things-make-dream-famous-speeches-history/story?id=20068795

In reference, I would like to share my short speech I wrote for the junior students, in order to provide an example for them to write their own:




Rudyard Kipling once wrote: “This is Burma, and it will be quite unlike any land you know about”. I believe this is as true now as it was in 1898. Before I first visited Myanmar, I had travelled to many countries throughout Asia, including Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, China, Thailand, India and Sri Lanka. But no other country was like Myanmar.  
Myanmar captured my heart. I was charmed by the Burmese people. Locals treated me with warmth and kindness. Children on the street waved to me. Their parents smiled at me. Teenagers wanted to take a photo with me. One day, when I was walking in the hot sun, a generous woman stopped me. She painted my face with ‘thanaka’ so that I would not get sunburnt. 

In my opinion, Myanmar is a magical place. What makes it so unique and enchanting is its people. Burmese people are gentle, caring, wholehearted and compassionate. They made me feel welcome in their country. My hope for Myanmar is that it will remain as beautiful as it is today.   










No comments:

Post a Comment