Thursday, October 10, 2013

Serendipity?

"Don't Try So Hard; Sometimes The Best Things Happen Unexpectedly"


I feel the need to explain my quote at the bottom of this blog. In 2006, when I was at the March 15th (Hungarian National Day/ anniversary of beginning of 1948 Revolution ) festivals in Budapest, I stopped with my Italian friend Francesco at a stall selling cards with sayings on them. They were written in Hungarian, of course, so I could not read them. So as usual, I spent ages deciding on which one I wanted (I was rather indecisive in those days). Anyhow, I took it to school the next day to ask the English teachers to translate it for me - it said: Don't try so hard; sometimes the best things happen unexpectedly. I wish I had a photo of it now: its in a box somewhere. So this card meant a lot to me at the time - it reminded me to have faith. And sometimes, if you are lucky, life hands you, a little bit more than just that! 




No comments:

Post a Comment