Friday, September 27, 2013

Students Paying Homage

I just love teaching at this school! The teachers are non-competitive and supportive and the students are wonderful really. There is not a lot of organization at my school but things still run smoothly! Has made me aware of approaches in some schools which are over-organized to the extent that daily organization takes up so much time and creates a higher workload. I'm not sure how I am going to be able to teach in a "mainstream" (whatever that means?) school again in Australia. I couldn't stand the kids in London. I think I might just get stuck here. I never have to scold students and they always say "hello teacher" as I pass them on the stairs or around the school.

Below: students paying homage after my lesson. After they said their chant each teacher has to give a little speech/lecture. I discussed the issue of "brain-drain" to remind them that, as privileged members of their society, it is important for them to return to Myanmar after studying abroad and contribute their skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment